Sunday, 17 October 2010

Richmond Castle 10k

Great race considering I was partying until 2:00 am and had far too much to drink before a race.
(Hydration strategy, what's that?)
Just glad I'd been training around that route and knew exactly what the hills were like. That second Sandbeck climb was a killer but I wouldn't let it beat me and managed to get to the top without walking. I put that down to other competitors being around and having some company to talk to and taking my mind off the hard work. There was plenty of support from the spectators on the approach to Richmond Castle and that kept me going on the final climb into Richmond town centre.

My goal was to do it in an hour and My watch said 59min 59sec but the official result from UK results was 01:00:02. (Can't get much closer than that).

I was 374th out of 452 finishers, 279th out of 305 male runners and 18th out of 20 in the M55 category.

This is my local run so must make a point of doing it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment