Friday, 18 March 2011

Grinton moor trail run

Managed to get back out onto the local moors today for a lovely 10 miler. Clear blue sky and wall to wall sunshine made for a great day even though it was a little cold on the open ground where the wind was blowing slightly.
This route was my old training ground last year for Paras 10 but there was no boots or bergan to be seen today but I did start the day with a 2.32 mile run in my new Leadville huarache sandals. I started strong and managed to keep a good pace with them but as this was the first time out with them I didn't want to get carried away as I was aware of using different muscles so I started the run with the full intention of changing into trainers after a couple of miles. I must admit, I didn't want to take them off as they proved really comfortable over the rocky terrain but I knew that I would pay for it for the rest of the weekend if I carried on. I will be getting out in them more often and extending the milage to build up the strength in those up to now, unused muscles. The Leadvilles are the thickest of the Luna range of huraraches (10mm sole) and are well suited to the conditions that they will be up against in the Yorkshire Dales.

The rest of the run went well with plenty of hills to keep me busy (Elevation gain of 1,345 ft and elevation loss of 1, 336 ft).
It was such a nice day that I kept stopping at regular intervals to take photographes so my actual moving time was 01:51:36.

Lookin at the splits, the first two miles were, [mile 1; 9 min mile. Mile 2; 9.18 min mile with the last section beeing uphill to a pile of rocks where I could change to trainers]
Not bad for a first attempt at running the trails in huaraches but I must admit that the trail was relitively flat up to the point where I changed my footware.

Overall
Time:
01:53:55
Distance:
9.96 mi
Elevation Gain:
1,345 ft
Calories:
1,327 C

Timing
Time:
01:53:55
Moving Time:
01:51:36
Elapsed Time:
02:14:13
Avg Pace:
11:26 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:
11:12 min/mi
Best Pace:
06:44 min/mi

Elevation
Elevation Gain:
1,345 ft
Elevation Loss:
1,336 ft
Min Elevation:
1,193 ft
Max Elevation:
1,831 ft

Heart Rate
Avg HR:
147 bpm
Max HR:
182 bpm


Follow this link to see the route on my Garmin page 



 Huaraches
 Many bridges like this were used by drovers & in years gone by
Follow that trail

Sorry for the quality of the images as they were taken on a mobile phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment