Friday, 6 May 2011

2 x 10 mile loops on Grinton Moor

First run in my newly acquired Skins full length compression tights. After pulling them on I wasn't sure that these tights were going to do what people were ranting on about in the reviews but at the first hill I could swear that they helped my to reach the top. Even four hours after the run there are no sign aching limbs which is very unusual for me on a run of this distance. I'm now considering investing in Skins shorts and calf socks for the summer.

The run itself on Grinton moor went to plan with a fairly fast first lap (fast for me anyway) so that I would have to work harder physically and mentally in the second. Think I need to sort my eating habits as I had a stitch for the first half of the second lap due to stopping at the car and taking on food and water. (maybe try and eat little but often while running instead.)
The weather was windy keeping the temperature around 12 Centigrade and promising to rain but that kept away. Getting back down to lower ground in Richmond it was a balmy 21 degrees.

Now just hope the aches and pains don't kick in over the weekend as I have a 8-10 mile group run at Reeth on Sunday morning.

Overall
Time:
04:24:50
Distance:
20.04 mi
Elevation Gain:
2,580 ft
Calories:
2,446 C


Timing
Time:
04:24:50
Moving Time:
04:19:40
Elapsed Time:
05:04:48
Avg Pace:
13:12 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:
12:57 min/mi
Best Pace:
06:59 min/mi


Elevation
Elevation Gain:
2,580 ft
Elevation Loss:
2,567 ft
Min Elevation:
1,201 ft
Max Elevation:
1,838 ft

Go to my Garmin page to see the splits and more details of the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment